Photoshot – Managing editor (news, entertainment and sport) and head of image production
Photoshot has an exciting vacancy for an experienced, hands-on individual with a keen interest in world affairs who will manage the day to day activities of the live picture desk and co-ordinate production of all images across the company.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing a team of live picture editors and staff photographers in London and New York
- Overseeing the daily news, entertainment and sport diary
- Liaising with and recruiting contributing non-staff photographers
- Gathering live news images from partner agencies
- Managing the company’s non-news picture editors
- Co-ordinating the timely distribution of all images to partners
This senior position also includes a good deal of hands on work where the successful candidate will be expected to lead by example and encourage and mould the more junior members of the team. A practical knowledge of the editing and keywording process is essential.
An attractive package will be offered to the successful candidate. Experience in this or a similar role is essential.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Charles Taylor, director at firstname.lastname@example.org.