Trendspotting, a market research company has shared its annual prediction reports. In this presentation it highlights social media trends in 2010. There are quite a few similarities amongst the predictions. I’ve listed the main trends and commented on how they may impact companies and people working as stock media creators and distributors.
Staying in a well known social media format, the survey has asked its contributors to share their thoughts in no more than 140 characters. The endresult is 36 expert contributors and their views on the potential hits and misses of the new year. Here are the 6 most frequent observations from the presentation (FMM= Fast Media Magazine comments)
- Will augmented reality prove useful or will it not go beyond being simply cool. (FMM: And how can content be licensed for this easily?)
- Large companies need to get a grip on the use of social media (FMM: What are you doing?)
- There will be much more new social network while others lose their shine (FMM: so don’t gamble on one tool)
- Location based networks will grow (FMM: how can imagery and video be applied to this?)
- Content will be available on a ever growing number of different platforms (FMM: How can content be traced and licensed?)
- Engaging in a conversatiowith a carefully built community will be be more important in the marketing mix. (FMM: These communities take time to build)