System Administrator, Office support + Dev
About the Job
The Data Archive are an innovative IT company founded within the image resource and picture library industry. We build and maintain best-of-breed web-based media management software.
The Role is predominantly a systems administrator and Office support type role for a small office plus server farm production servers. As such requires mixed skills set and will give variation in work, this can include some internal development (.Net C# / see below) and database administration. Although Development is not the main purpose of the role such experience would be very beneficial.
Skills and Experience requirements:
- Excellent understanding of Active directory, Windows 2003 server, Exchange server, SQL server, Sharepoint, experience in administration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Linux system.
- Good Understanding of TCPIP，LAN/WAN and Internet services such as Web, FTP, E-mail.
- Experience of ADSL, router, Cisco firewall switches
- Excellent knowledge of popular computer hardware including CPU, motherboard, RAM, HD, Graphic card, RAID，network equipment and peripheral including network printer etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows XP/Vista, office package, experience in troubleshooting.
- At least 3 year of relevant experience or University Degree in Computer Science
- Microsoft and/or Cisco professional certificate will be of advantage.
- This is not a client facing position. Reasonable written and spoken English language skills;
- Installation and configuration of Windows Operating systems such as Win2000, XP and Vista
- Cleaning computers from viruses and performing system optimization / registry cleanup
- Hardware and software diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Active Directory administration and maintenance.
- Office 2003 and 2007 support
- Exchange – support and troubleshooting
- Administration and optimization of IIS, SQL
- Data Backup and recovery.
- Diagnostic of server system to find out flaw and security patches needed
- Administration of firewall
Additional Development skills
- .Net Programming (preferably C# but VB considered)
- SQL (T-SQL experience preferred)
- Stored Procedures
- Basic web graphics
Interest or previous experience in the Photography/video/imaging industry would also be a bonus.
The Data Archive is an Equal opportunities employer.
Candidates must be qualified to work in the UK.
STRICTLY no Agencies.