Magnum Photos requires a full time Commercial Representative to work as part of its busy Advertising & Corporate representation team. The role will concentrate on archive sales within the advertising & corporate market, but will also encompass other duties within the department and support the Advertising & Corporate Manager on special projects and photographer assignments.
Working closely with the ADV & CORP Manager and London Office Sales Director, the job requires a pro-active, sales focused individual, capable of multi-tasking a demanding workload, working on their own initiative, yet willing to be flexible in their approach as part of a close knit office team.
- Account handling & planning for advertising & corporate archive sales based in the UK, Eire, Middle East and Australasia, including picture research
- To research & identify potential new business opportunities within the ADV/CORP sector
- Support and communicate information to the network of resellers within the London office territories
- Promotion of the photographers & Magnum archive to ADV/CORP, newsletter creation and distribution and management of the department contact list
- Development of new business to new and existing clients and support on key accounts handled by the ADV & CORP Manager
- Photographer portfolio management – overseen by the ADV & CORP Manager
- Assistance on photo-shoot production
- 2+ years experience in the image licensing or advertising industry.
- Proven track record of pro-active sales and/or account handling within the advertising & corporate image buying sector, either on the sales or client side
- Ability to meet sales targets and develop sales objectives
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience of rights negotiation and contracts
- IT knowledge. Familiarity with MS office, image databases and digital delivery
- Keen interest in advertising, corporate and fashion photography
Other Skills Advantageous
- Competent knowledge of digital imaging software (Photoshop) and presentation design programs
- Experience of other image licensing sectors; editorial, NGOs etc.
- Dependant on experience
Please send your CV and covering letter to arrive no later than 17th June to: