The Corbis Motion collection has recently hit the 500.ooo mark with the addition of content from a number of partners.
Corbis (www.corbisimages.com), a leading visual media provider for the creative community, today announced that it has added more than 200,000 clips to Corbis® Motion (www.corbismotion.com), bringing its collection to more than a half million video clips. Approximately two thirds of Corbis Motion clips are available in high definition (HD) and the collection includes a large selection of royalty-free (RF) clips that provide customers added value and flexibility.
Established in 2001, VII represents the work of some of the most accomplished photojournalists in the world. The photo agency currently represents more than 30 photographers who specialize in documenting and exploring the various manifestations of violent and non-violent global conflict, including environmental, social and political dissent.
Through its partnership with Thought Equity Motion, Corbis Motion has added more than 65,000 clips from the BBC Motion Gallery, featuring clips covering unique subjects, places and events from the BBC, NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation), ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) and CCTV (Central China Television).
Corbis has also added tens of thousands of clips from niche media partners, including:
- Artbeats: New HD video clips showcasing some of the best creative RF content available from this leading source for quality art footage.
- Jimmy Turner/Fort Films: An extensive collection of South African footage from Safaris, Township life and beautiful aerials of Cape Town.
- Lou Angeli: A riveting collection of video from an independent filmmaker who specializes in capturing disasters from 9/11 to the devastating earthquake in Haiti to the most recent environmental catastrophe with the BP Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Science Photo Library: HD video clips focused on the Medical and Science industry from one of the leading science and specialist footage agency.
- StockFood Motion: New HD food-related lifestyle video clips from this premier international food image/video agency.
- Transtock: New HD auto-related video clips showcasing new vehicle models and concept cars from the premier high-quality transportation video agency.
- WaveBreak Media: A large HD RF collection specializing in high quality video clips from around the globe.
“Over the past 18 months, Corbis Motion has revamped its website to be easier to use, advanced to a completely digital workflow, and added hundreds of thousands of clips to our collection to make it almost 20 times bigger,” said Doug Segers, Senior Director, Corbis Motion. “These exceptional new video clips will help creative professionals deliver higher quality work on budget, and we’re thrilled to have them at Corbis Motion.”