London based photo libary Photoshot is launching a competition with a 10 day Florida condo stay as the main prize for each quiz
For two consecutive weeks starting on 28th February, Photoshot, the leading international photo library, will be running back to back quizzes promoting the high quality imagery that is available for licensing from two of its famous collections, NHPA (nature imagery) and Retna (music and celebrity).
The winner of each quiz will receive 10 days free accommodation for themselves and up to 5 guests in a luxury 3 bedroom condominium in Fort Myers, Florida (www.oasiscondos.com). All the winner has to do is to correctly answer questions each day for a week on natural history in the NHPA quiz and questions on music in the Retna quiz. These are the type of questions we will be asking:-
- NHPA – What is the most venomous animal in the world?
- NHPA – What is the world’s longest butterfly migration?
- Retna – In which year did Nirvana release its last album “In Utero”?
- Retna – Whose only UK No 1 was “Total Eclipse of the Heart”?
The answers will be sent out the following day with links to photos in the collections.
The NHPA quiz will start on 28th February and run until 4th March 2010. The Retna quiz will start on 7th March and run until 11th March 2011. In addition to the first prize, there will be prizes for the second and third places in each quiz, including books, prints and concert tickets.
NHPA (www.nhpa.co.uk) is widely regarded as one of the best collections of nature and wildlife imagery, built up over 50 years, with contributions from over 200 specialist photographers, including 4 “Wildlife Photographer of the Year” winners
Retna (www.retna.co.uk) is widely regarded as one of the most comprehensive collections of music and celebrity imagery, built up over 30 years with contributions from leading photographers around the world.
Photoshot (www.photoshot.com) is a comprehensive image source for picture buyers providing in depth photographic coverage of live news, entertainment and sporting events, as well as nature, travel, creative and archival imagery. Photoshot has acquired 14 internationally recognized collections over the last 10 years including NHPA and Retna, and operates from offices in London, Berlin and New York.
The Rules of the Quiz
- You must be registered on the Photoshot, NHPA or Retna website. If you share a log in, you must declare the name of the person using that log-in for the sake of the competition. You can always create a new account if you need to.
- You must be a bona fide image buyer either directly employed by an organisation that sources imagery or an accredited freelancer. Agents and sub-agents and contributing photographers cannot enter, sorry.
- In order to win the first prize you must answer all questions correctly and in time. If nobody does, then the first prize will not be awarded. There are no costs for the accommodation but you must pay for your own travel.
- The runners up will be those players who have the next highest scores.
- If there is a tie and more than one person answers all questions correctly and in time, then the prize(s) will be drawn from a hat containing the names of those who have answered correctly and in time.
- In the event of a dispute, the judge’s decision is final.
- The quiz will run for 5 business days and will exclude weekends, and different questions will be sent out each day. In order to qualify for a prize, you must email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Eastern Standard Time on each day the questions are sent out.
- Answers will be provided to each day’s questions the following day with links to images on the NHPA, Retna and Photoshot sites.
- The winner of each of the first prizes must use the stays by 31st December 2011. Certain dates may not be available and availability can be checked with your sales rep. There is no cash alternative.
- The apartment can accommodate up to 6 people, and the winner must be one of the visitors. Use cannot be sold or transferred. The winner will be responsible for any damages and must have their own holiday or health insurance for themselves and/or their party. The owners accept no liability for any injury or harm to the winner or their guests.
For further information, please contact Charles Taylor. E: email@example.com